- Striking, architect-designed residence
- Flexible 9 apartment layout over 3 levels
- Some 400 sq. m of accommodation
- Stylish German kitchen & designer sanitary ware/fittings
- 4 bedrooms with en-suite facilities
- Highly energy efficient 'B' rated home
- Driveway & double garage
- Landscaped gardens & children's play area
- Exclusive Burnside address
Arguably one of Burnside’s largest and finest homes, this striking contemporary residence was designed, and built, in 2016, with a significant number of features and considerable use of glass to maximise light and to encapsulate the view to rear across the city and beyond towards the Campsie Fells. The house has some amazing rooms and spaces, including galleried vaulted landings, glass balconies, and is set over three levels, with nine flexible apartments and a generous footprint of around 400 sq. m.
Discreetly positioned just off Burnside Road and forming part of a small development of only four individually designed and constructed, high value luxury homes, the house is set on a particularly large garden plot with off-street driveway parking for several cars and a double integral garage.
Internally, the finishes are superb – quality floor coverings, internal doors, woodwork, and there is a bespoke German manufactured kitchen with a range of high-end appliances. All four upper-level bedrooms have ensuite facilities with under floor heating, and the principal bedroom benefits from a particularly large dressing room. Sanitary ware is by Villeroy & Boch, with Hansgrohe fittings and there is a freestanding Victoria + Albert bath within the en-suite off the principal bedroom. There are high-performance double-glazed doors and window units including some electronically operated Velux roof windows, a Sonos integrated audio system with ceiling mounted speakers in most apartments, category 6 cabling, with points throughout, and a zoned heating system with conventional radiators on the upper floor and the lower two floors have a wet under floor heating system. The house is also alarmed and boasts an unbelievable open plan living space that encompasses a family/entertaining and kitchen /dining area, which runs the entire length of the property and is divided by a double-sided fireplace, with bi-folding doors opening from the kitchen onto a cantilevered balcony overlooking the garden – impressive. The remainder of apartments on the ground and lower ground floor are incredibly flexible, the later offering the option to accommodate a self-contained style “Granny” flat to accommodate a dependent relative or family member
The property is highly energy efficient and super insulated as can be gathered by its energy performance "B" rating to ensure luxury and substantial living for the heating costs of a house half its size.
We hope our imagery will convey what awaits and that our floorplan will detail the extent of the accommodation, but only internal inspection will truly give potential buyers a feel for the scale, flexibility, and standard of finish on offer within this truly special residence.
• Large galleried reception hallway with cloaks and guest WC
• Spectacular, full length main living area incorporating family room, dining, and kitchen
• Formal double aspect lounge
• Double integral garage
LOWER GROUND FLOOR:
• Staircase from reception hallway to lower hall with access to garden, storage, and WC
• Magnificent games/sitting room with bi-folding doors giving direct access to garden
• Kitchen/utility room
• Plant room
• Garden room/study with direct access to garden
• Cinema room/fifth bedroom with direct access to garden
• Return flight wide staircase ascends to a fantastic galleried upper landing with fitted storage
• Bedroom 1 – A full suite with large bedroom featuring fixed Velux roof windows, large, fitted dressing room and en-suite, five-piece bathroom
• Bedroom 2 – With en-suite bathroom.
• Bedroom 3 – With en-suite shower room.
• Bedroom 4 – With en-suite shower room.
The property is located within a much sought-after pocket of BurnsIde and is within walking distance of shops and Burnside Train Station on Stonelaw Road. More extensive facilities can be found in nearby East Kilbride which is only a short drive away and the property sits within 8 miles of Glasgow City Centre and offers excellent road links (M74/M73/M8) allowing swift access to the central belt motorway network system. Recreational pursuits within the general area include well maintained parks, bowling/golf clubs, gyms and excellent schooling is available locally at primary and secondary levels.
The Energy Performance rating on this property is B.