The Company, Pacitti Jones Legal Ltd, wishes to develop a range of cloud base applications (initially for residential property transaction, estate agency, conveyancing, etc., but future applications will be in other sectors) and may spin-out a separate business to exploit the applications beyond its own business.
The ideal candidate would be a composite of a full stack developer (as outlined below) and general manager capable of leading and developing the software-house as a stand-alone business, including full P&L responsibility.
The Company recognises that the ideal candidate may not exist and would consider separate applications for the software development role and general manager role.
Remuneration: market rate but with potential for equity arrangement for the right candidate. Permanent role; Full time. Job Spec, Person Spec and Qualifications detailed below.
Please apply in confidence with CV and succinct “why you” to Kevin@pjglasgow.co.uk
Job Specification – Senior Software Developer JOB OVERVIEW
A technically creative member of the business who, as part of a team is responsible for the delivery of all new software innovations and products. They play a crucial role in realising the vision of the CEO/Board through original software application development, and the integration with/of existing applications. The Company requires a creative, motivated and technically talented team member who can help us grow through reliable software delivery.
• ‘Realises’ specified software applications.
• Listens to the ideas and requirements communicated by the rest of the team.
• Provides ideas, feedback and constructive criticism so to support decision-making about approaches to delivery, including with regard to current workflows versus changed/optimum workflows.
• Delivers efficient, reliable code to support business application development.
• Delivers software testing including formulating function and end-to-end testing process and implementing as instructed.
• Uses best practices, and test driven development to qualify any software solution.
• Provides peer review to support the team’s products.
• Delivers efficient inline and out of band documentation of the software application.
• Works to set tasks and goals including timescales and provides early warning of issues, potential divergence and is open to interventions and also recommends options based approach for intervention.
• When required, accepts changes to previously agreed tasks to meet business expectations.
• Designs and implements development solutions specifically relating to Development, Integration and Test environments.
• Responsible for the configuration and maintenance of development environments in the Cloud, including cloud selection e.g. Amazon Web Services, etc.
• Monitors, identifies and seek approval for attending key conferences and courses relating to software development in their field, and suggests changes to development methodologies.
• Keeps up to date (including regular online feeds, searches, etc.) with developments and market changes in their field and also in the sectors of the Company to identify and make suggestions or recommendations for development or ideas that the Company should consider.
• Scoping of software solutions and architecture.
• Manages and/or supervises junior developers.
• Makes key recommendations/decisions about software architecture, and delivery, including design to facilitate automatic scale and automatic deployment and monitoring and reporting functionality.
Attention to detail, enthusiastic, self aware, good people skills, common sense.
A ‘can do’/’make it happen’ attitude
(example as articulated in this link: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/want-your-business-survive-covid-19-hire-veteran-roberts-cissp/?trackingId=%2FjToklUiO1PU0o%2FgPfuQCw%3D%3D)
(computer language experience is expected to be diverse and across a range for both back end and front end applications and the example below are indicative).
Ø Demonstrable track record
Ø Education to a degree level (desirable).
Ø Competent and experience in delivering back-end and front end applications using various languages.
Ø Agile software delivery qualifications e.g. Scrum (desirable).
Ø Experience with Dev Ops; specifically the operation of wide range o software options Linux OS’s; Ubuntu and Centos, Python Full Stack; Nginx, WSGI Python, Postgres, etc.
Ø Experience supporting cloud environments e.g., Amazon Web Services,
Ø Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role (essential).